Tuesday, May 19, 2015

My Thesis: My awesome desktops!

So you've seen many other people's take on their own personized desktop setup, now it is my turn to show off my awesome setup!!

So currently, I have made two setups:

  1. One on my own laptop + dual monitor setup. 
  2. The other setup is at school on the school computers, because apprently I can get rainmeter to work on the school computers. 
Here is my own custom layout on my Dual Monitor laptop setup!


I have a 21+" 1080P Monitor as my first primary display (left) and my 17.3" laptop as my secondary display (right). These two displays incoroperate different kind of themes. 


 Here is my layout on my primary 1080P display, which I use the most often. 

  • I have the time bolded in the center, and the date on top. 
  • I have put an even bigger date and a calendar on the left, the calender was custom skinned by me. 
  • Below the calendar is a 7 day weather forecast widget that is really helpful for me. 
  • On the right, I have a skin that acts like a sticky note to write some stuff if I needed to.
  • Below the Sticky note is another weather widget, but tells me for information about the weather. 
  • Finally on the bottom, I have put a really cool music player that has a visualiser on top of it. 
  • Also on the top, I have lots of minimal icons that allows me to launch my apps. 
  • The top-right corner is where I have my one-click power toggles for my computer, and a volume rocker.


Here is my layout on my laptop display, which I use sometimes, mostly to glance at the time. 

  • I have the time and date in the center. The time is kind of unique, as you can see that the green and orange shades fills up the time as the hour and minutes progresses. The little text below the clock shows the current weather conditions in just one word.
  • The text you see on the left is actually my menu for launching applications, which I can customize whatever apps that I want to run.
  • The rectangular translucent boxes are for my system info, displaying everything from CPU & RAM usage to how much space I have in my hard drive disks.
  • That little tiny thing in my top-left corner is my recycle bin. A simple right-click +Enter on it deleted everything. 
That was my home/laptop setup, now here is my rainmeter setup that I have made during school time!

No comments:

Post a Comment